Sometimes when you write something hastily on Skype, it's only after you've sent it that you notice you've made a mistake or sent a message to the wrong person. Don't worry, it's easy to fix. In this article, we will explain how to delete or edit a sent message on Skype.
How to delete a sent message?
To delete a sent message on Skype from the chat, click or tap on three little vertical dots next to it and select Remove. The message will be removed for everyone in the chat, and nobody will see it.
How to edit a sent message?
To edit a sent message in Skype chat, click on three little vertical dots next to it and select Edit. Then edit the message as you want to and send the updated version, that will be shown in the conversation.
How to delete a chat?
To delete a chat from Skype, just click on it and select Delete conversation. Make sure you have all the backup files that you might need in the future from this chat because deleting it leads to losing chat history and all shared files and links as well.
How to hide the read receipts from messages?
If you want to hide read receipts on Skype, go to Settings > Messaging and uncheck the first tab Read receipts. This way, people you are chatting with on Skype, will not see if you already read the message or not. Take note that you won’t get read receipts either.
How to always paste message as plain text?
If you copy and paste a text from one conversation window to another on Skype, the content will be quoted. However, you can configure Skype to paste the content as plain text. To do so, go to Preferences > Messaging and uncheck the Paste copied messages as quotes.
- Skype remove message time limit
- How to unsend a message on skype for business
- Can you delete a sent message on skype for business
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android > Guide
- Voice messages on Twitter: activation, time limits > Guide
- Instagram error message we limit how often > Forum - Instagram
- How to change whatsapp message time > Guide
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile > Guide
- Active sessions on Skype: check, close remotely
- View the location of my sent and received files in Skype
- Time on Skype is wrong: change the time zone
- You've been blocked on Skype: how to know, last seen
- How to play games on Skype: with friends, coworkers, family
- View Skype snapshots folder: on Windows 10, Mac
- Forgot Skype password/username: change, reset, recover
- Delete Skype account: permanently, temporarily
- Skype microphone not working: Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android
- How to disable emojis in Skype
- Skype answers incoming calls automatically: how to stop it
- Create a Skype account: in mobile phone, with Gmail
- How to make a group call on Skype
- Change your Skype display name: PC, cell phone
- Skype notifications: not working, mute, Windows 10
- Hide IP address on Skype: browser, app
- How to hide Skype contacts: in Android, from others
- Skype webcam not working: how can I fix my camera?
- How to delete chat logs for individual contacts in Skype?
- Disable ads on Skype: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
- Recover deleted Skype messages: iPhone, Mac, on Android
- Add new contacts in Skype: via email address, phone number
- How to share your screen on Skype: Mac, iPad, Mobile