-
Registration date
Wednesday November 4, 2020
Status
Administrator
Last seen
May 17, 2021
-
This is the weirdest situation I've encountered with Instagram.
I logged in today and had a few DM's so I tried to reply but it said message can't be sent. I thought that's weird, and I logged out and back in. When I did that my feed went totally blank, my main page with posts went blank, along with everything else. Even the security section where I try to check emails from instagram or enable two-factor authentication all give me an error.
It's almost like my account has been disabled, but I've checked to appeal that and it's NOT disabled. Other profiles can still see my page as if nothing is wrong.
Closest thing I can figure out is that it thinks I'm a bot. Last night I used my browser (as I frequently do) to go to the pages of people that liked my post and I liked theirs back to reciprocate. On the first post I liked it asked me to relogin and change my password. This isn't the first time it's asked for that, so I changed my password and continued. I liked about 90 different posts over the course of a few hours.
I do this regularly, but have never encountered this blank profile issue before and don't know what to do. I've submitted a bug report, changed my password, logged out and in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, just about every other tech solution I've found, and none works.
What can I do?

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday November 4, 2020
Status
Administrator
Last seen
May 17, 2021
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem.
I can think of two other solutions: switching to an older version of the app and/or clearing your cache.

I hope this works.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!