Instagram feed, posts, DM's, and page all blank

Closed
jamesjoelrussell Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 14, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2021 - May 14, 2021 at 02:50 PM
jamesjoelrussell Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 14, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2021 - Jun 17, 2021 at 03:53 PM
This is the weirdest situation I've encountered with Instagram.
I logged in today and had a few DM's so I tried to reply but it said message can't be sent. I thought that's weird, and I logged out and back in. When I did that my feed went totally blank, my main page with posts went blank, along with everything else. Even the security section where I try to check emails from instagram or enable two-factor authentication all give me an error.
It's almost like my account has been disabled, but I've checked to appeal that and it's NOT disabled. Other profiles can still see my page as if nothing is wrong.
Closest thing I can figure out is that it thinks I'm a bot. Last night I used my browser (as I frequently do) to go to the pages of people that liked my post and I liked theirs back to reciprocate. On the first post I liked it asked me to relogin and change my password. This isn't the first time it's asked for that, so I changed my password and continued. I liked about 90 different posts over the course of a few hours.
I do this regularly, but have never encountered this blank profile issue before and don't know what to do. I've submitted a bug report, changed my password, logged out and in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, just about every other tech solution I've found, and none works.
What can I do?
Related:

2 responses

Elena Keracheva Posts 1152 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2020 Status Member Last seen October 28, 2021   900
May 17, 2021 at 05:17 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem.
I can think of two other solutions: switching to an older version of the app and/or clearing your cache.

I hope this works.
Elena Keracheva

Editor - CCM.net

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? I am encountering the same problem
jamesjoelrussell Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 14, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2021
Jun 15, 2021 at 01:30 PM
Yes I just had to wait about 24 hours and it went away. I submitted a bug report but idk if it helped.
For some reason since I was using my desktop browser the algorithm thought I was a bot. That's my best guess that happened anyway. When I use the browser I just slow down my searching and clicks and it seemed to help.
victoria > jamesjoelrussell Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 14, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2021
Jun 15, 2021 at 02:27 PM
Okay thank you for replying. My problem is the fact that once I have reset my password and logged in everything is all blank (as you explained above). Then it asks me to confirm my phone number, so I type in my number but it won't send me the security code and instead says "please try again in a few minutes". I have been trying to gain access to the text message being sent for over a day now and I keep getting the same error message ("please try again in a few minutes"). I just wanted to confirm you had a similar situation correct? Because everything you said is exactly what is going on with my account plus this separate "confirm your phone number" text message problem. Maybe it's that I am impatient and I have been logging in and out of the account to many times? Additionally, another error I get while inside my account, although it is all blank is I keep getting the "can't refresh" and "challenge required" errors. Did you get these errors as well? I am currently logging in on my iphone, however I encounter similar problems regardless of the device I use (desktop and android phones included).
jamesjoelrussell Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 14, 2021 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2021 > victoria
Jun 17, 2021 at 03:53 PM
Yes, the "can't refresh," error I got a lot as well. What you're describing sounds exactly like what I went through. Best thing is to close the app, and not open it for about 48 hours. It sucks, and it's BS but that's the only thing that seemed to fix it for me.
If you can submit a bug/help request via the app, do that first.