USB Failure

Closed
Tom - Aug 10, 2021 at 11:29 AM
preetirajputlv Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 26, 2021 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2021 - Oct 26, 2021 at 02:25 AM
Hello,
I have an ONN USH flash drive that when I plug it into the computer it loads then about ten seconds it shuts down. I don't believe it's the drivers as other flash drives work. Is there any other suggestions as to the problem because I'd hate to throw it out prematurely?

System Configuration: Android / SamsungBrowser 14.2
Related:

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Aug 13, 2021 at 06:28 PM
Hi,

Check the USB flash drive by following these steps:
  • From the Start menu, search for Command Prompt,
  • Right-click on it and select Run as administrator,
  • Next, type chkdsk d: /r /f
    • Note: replace d: by the letter of your USB flash drive.
  • Press Enter to start the process.

This will check the flash drive and try to repair the errors found.
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Aug 17, 2021 at 03:51 AM
Hi,

As you said your drive is unstable, loads for few seconds, and then disappear so to diagnose this issue I would like to suggest you some methods that I believe help you to resolve this issue easily.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Press Windows key + X, click Device Manager.
In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
Plugin the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

This method will install the latest device drivers for your USB device.

Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on the icon “Windows Update” from the search result.
On the “Windows Update” window, click on the link: “Check for updates” from the left-hand side of the window to receive a fresh list of updates.
If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.
preetirajputlv Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 26, 2021 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2021
Oct 26, 2021 at 02:25 AM
USB drives are the most common data storage device. They are easy to carry around, and to plug into any computer. When you plug in a USB drive, it starts to load all the data onto the computer. The time it takes for this process to finish is called ‘’load time’’.

The USB will only work for 10 seconds after plugging it in if the load time is taking too long or there is another issue with your computer that needs to be resolved.