August 17, 2021
-
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
October 25, 2021
-
Hii, I am Trying to Format the Pendrive, but it shows the error of "WINDOWS WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE FORMAT".

I searched on Google and Find 4-5 Solution, But any method not worked. I try this method
https://hitechdroid.com/fixed-windows-was-unable-to-complete-the-format-problem/ Specially that i found on google search.

I Made the Pendrive Write Protected Before By Mistake, But, I removed the Write Protection But the Format is not Complete. Also If I delete the Files Manually then Remove the Pendrive and Insert 2nd time then the files is redo and there.

What can i Do?

2 replies

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
October 7, 2021
Hello, try this:
  • Right Click My Computer Choose Manage
  • Then at Computer Management choose Disk Management
  • At Disk2 Right Click at your "Protect Removable Disk" ex: "Removable Disk (F:)"
  • Choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths for ....."
  • Simple Click "REMOVE", then Click "ADD", simple....
  • Try to Format yours then Try to Copy another files

Regards
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
October 25, 2021
Hi,

There are several methods available to resolve the drive unformat issue. Below check out these methods.

Method 1: Try the hard drive on another PC and fix the device drivers

1. Right-click on the Start icon and select Device Manager.

2. Find your external hard drive, right-click on it and select Uninstall. Safely disconnect the drive when it’s done.

3. Restart your computer and connect to the hard drive. The drivers will start installing automatically in most cases.

If the drive is also shown unformatted on another PC, then move to Method 2.

Method 2: Check the hard drive for errors with Windows built-in tool

1. Open This PC/Computer, find the external hard drive, and right-click on it. Select Properties from the expanded menu.

2. Click on the Tools tab and under Error-checking, click on the Check button.

3. If the system detects that there are errors, you will be asked to check the disk. If no errors are found, you will see a message – You don’t need to scan this drive. You can, nevertheless, choose to check the drive by clicking on Scan drive.

4. Wait for the scanning process to be finished. On completion, Windows will display a message. If no errors are found, it will say so. If errors are found, you will get this message: Restart your computer to repair the file system. You can restart right away or schedule the error fixing on the next restart. Choose to restart immediately or not.

If the external hard drive unformatted error is still unsolved, please go to Method 3.

Method 3: Download Bitraser File Eraser Software

Download File eraser software on your system and erase the files from that drive permanently. This is one of the best methods that you can try to erase everything from the drive.