FB sending me SMS code I receive but FB thinks I’m not receiving it - need help

Closed
vergun Posts 1 Registration date Saturday September 4, 2021 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2021 - Sep 4, 2021 at 11:40 PM
Bob Dijks Posts 2704 Registration date Friday April 3, 2015 Status Administrator Last seen August 30, 2022   - Sep 5, 2021 at 12:23 PM
Hello,

I recently got a new phone, and at about the same time, my carrier, Credo Mobile, changed from using Sprint's towers to Verizon's. I am receiving the code that should let me recover my account that seems to have been hacked (in spite of good password), but right after it is sent, the FB page says something like "error - cannot send SMS code"--even though I received it--and then I am blocked from entering it.
My carrier doesn't know what to do on their end, if that is playing a role in this.
Any idea what to do?
Thank you so much.
Pam

System Configuration: Macintosh / Safari 14.1.2
Related:

1 response

Bob Dijks Posts 2704 Registration date Friday April 3, 2015 Status Administrator Last seen August 30, 2022   324
Sep 5, 2021 at 12:23 PM
Hello,

If you haven't received your Facebook Code or the code is not working, have a look at this article which explains what to do.

You can also follow the steps here on the Facebook support page if you created your account with a mobile device.

Regards,

Bob

CCM