Contacts not shown in WhatsApp

Closed
Hozaifa - Sep 29, 2021 at 02:34 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Sep 30, 2021 at 10:51 AM
I’m facing an issue with WhatsApp when no one so far could help neither apple support nor WhatsApp support.
I have iOS 15 in my iPhone 11 and I have also iOS 13 in iPhone 6s.
My contacts are appearing normally in both phones and all apps such as telegram and signal while not shown in WhatsApp.
I have tried all known methods and even deleted WhatsApp and restored it again but still contacts not there, only numbers for the restored conversations.
Also tried saving the numbers in WhatsApp itself by tapping add new contact. It will appear but when I try to group the contacts (new group) contacts not shown.
This issue is really frustrating because even for newly added contacts I can’t search and text them.
I really appreciate any help out of the usual available in internet like toggle on WhatsApp contacts in contacts app or iCloud because believe me I have tried all that but still no results.
Thanks
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Sep 30, 2021 at 04:59 AM
Hi,

Try waiting for the next iOS 15 update, or you can also try reinstalling iOS.

To reinstall iOS,
  • Connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes.
  • Back up your data. To do so, you can follow these steps.
  • Restore your iPhone by clicking the Restore button.
  • iTunes will restore your iPhone and reinstall the latest version of iOS.
  • Once your iPhone is restored, restore your backup. Here is how.

Hope this will solve the issue with WhatsApp.

Good luck
Hi,
Thanks for replying.
I have updated my iOS to iOS 15 and still no changes.
I appreciate any further advise.
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891 > Hozaifa
Sep 30, 2021 at 10:51 AM
Before the update to iOS 15, did you ever encounter this issue with WhatsApp?

Did you also try reinstalling a new copy of the iOS 15 update as I explained above?