Internet connection problems

Closed
Livinlaj - Jun 26, 2009 at 06:05 AM
 Livinlaj - Jun 26, 2009 at 01:21 PM
Hello,
Ok first off this is driving me MADD!!! Out of the blue, last night, my laptop refused to connect to the Internet. Basically I can connect to the wireless network which I've confirmed with my brothers laptop can connect to the Internet, but I can't. And looking at suggested remedies and trying them all, I'm still in same situation. I've tried restoring it, I've turned off my firewall, I've restartd the router (which so happens to be a router and modem all in one) and I've tried the cmd entries still nothing (although I wouldn't mind running them again),at the moment, all ip and DNS settings are set to automatically detect, and in my network map, it calls the wireless network unidentified , even when right below it has the name of my network in brackets under connection. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME cos I'm this close to making my laptop subject to the laws of gravity from my 27th floor balcony!
wrt my operating detals, I'm on vista, laptops a sony vaio vgn-fz38m and i'm with BT broadband. Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

2 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Jun 26, 2009 at 07:41 AM
Hello,

I will advise you to re-install your wifi lan driver! I think this is the problem! You will have to install it from your driver CD!
Hey dancedhall, thx for ur advice, but I tried it and still nothing. I downloaded the driver from the Sony website , uninstalled the old one and installed the dloaded one and still to no avail. Pls any other suggestions?
Hey dancehall, thnx for reply! However, I dt have my driver cd with me anymore so i tried dloading from sony website onto hdd and tried installing from there but the folder i dloaded had no .exe file, so how do I install it then? and for that matter, how do I uninstall the driver currently present or is that not a cause for concern, installing one atop the other? and to everyone else, please if you get any ideas, dt hesitate to tell. Thanks a lot.