Hi, how to install windows XP to Acer aspire 3

Closed
Harry - Apr 30, 2022 at 04:14 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14291 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024 - Apr 30, 2022 at 05:30 PM
I am using Windows 10 on my laptop Acer aspire 3 so I want to change to XP pac2
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14291 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024 1,891
Apr 30, 2022 at 05:30 PM
Hi,

It is not recommended and potentially risky to downgrade your computer to Windows XP since you're using Windows 10. Your computer may no longer work properly or at all. Even if it is a Windows XP based computer, you may encounter several problems with the operating system.

If you've a program that only work with Windows XP, you can run it in compatibility mode for older Windows versions: do a right-click on the exe file of that program and go to Properties > Compatibility and choose the Windows version on which it works well.

To run Windows XP without installing it as the default operating system of your computer, you can download VirtualBox and create a Windows XP virtual machine.

If your computer is slow, you can try these steps to speed up Windows 10. In addition, defrag your hard disk to have better performance - not necessary with an SSD.

Hope this helps.