Not your average hard drive problem...

Closed
MutleyEugenius - Oct 10, 2022 at 04:27 PM
EZ_Nerd Posts 4 Registration date Thursday January 5, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2023 - Jan 9, 2023 at 08:45 AM

Hello,

I have a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD that is technically working fine, but it is running some kind of internal process that takes up 100% of its attention a,d the actual data output is averaging about 800 kbps.  I have tried it on 3 different computers and they all show it as 100% active (in task manager performance) but tiny output.  I have tried it USB or SATA, I have changed drive letter, and I have rebooted the drive a number of times, and I get the problem instantly each time.  I ran a dskchk /f scan and it did fix a couple of errors but hasnt changed anything.  I'm trying to get everything off it but it will take about 20 years at this rate. 

What would you do next?

Best regards,

Matt

Windows / Firefox 105.0

Related:

1 response

EZ_Nerd Posts 4 Registration date Thursday January 5, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2023 2
Jan 9, 2023 at 08:45 AM

Have you run antivirus on your system? That might be an issue. I think you should contact the technical team of Seagate. They will give you a better idea.