Hard disk light on but not working
Irina2207 Posts 43 Registration date Friday January 21, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2023 - Feb 13, 2023 at 01:42 AM
- Wd passport blinking light not recognized
- Wd passport light on but not working ✓ - Hard Drive & SSD Forum
- Wd drive unlock - Guide
- Monitor power light blinking but no display reasons ✓ - Hardware Forum
- Western Digital - My Passport not detected ✓ - Hard Drive & SSD Forum
- Lenovo orange light blinking 3 times ✓ - Laptop Forum
Feb 9, 2023 at 06:20 AM
Open Command Prompt as admin, type chkdsk h: /f /r /x and press Enter. Replace the letter h by the one corresponding to your external hard drive.
Hope that helps.
Feb 13, 2023 at 01:42 AM
You can try out the following methods:
Alternate USB Port
It is the initial point of contact. There are equal odds of damaging a USB port, which is the cause. Therefore, connect your hard drive to a different Port to determine the precise cause and determine whether the drive is the issue or not.
Clean Up Virus
The likelihood of contracting a virus is equal. The easiest way to fix it is to utilize virus removal software. It has the ability to make your disc accessible and eliminate the infection from your PC and drive.
Power supply problems or a failing HDD may be to blame if your external hard drive is not detected or functioning properly and the light is not blinking.
Examine the Power Source
Your external hard drive won't blink at all when you attach it to your computer if there is a power supply problem. Change the USB cord in
Step 1 to test the power supply.
2. Replace the USB port.
3. If it's feasible, attach your external hard drive to another computer.
If the aforementioned suggestions don't work, your hard disc is probably dead.