Toshiba Satellite randomly turns off after 20-30 mins

Closed
dreagtr - Jan 29, 2023 at 09:29 AM
ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 - May 6, 2023 at 07:51 AM

Im not sure if my problem leads to overheating but i never had this kind of issue before once i play a game just start up run it for 20-30 mins (roblox for example) itll shut down but not just power off it shuts down entirely where even the charging light doesnt show up and i need to press the power button twice to get it running again i cant resolve the problem im getting tired of it please help ????????

Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Feb 7, 2023 at 06:53 AM

Hi,

You should clean your laptop to remove the dust accumulated inside - this is the main reason why it shuts down randomly. Because of the dust, ventilation efficiency is reduced, causing overheating.

Disconnect the power cord and battery before cleaning your laptop. Touch a metal object prior touching the components to remove static electricity.

In case you use overclocking, disable it if the problem persists.

Good luck

ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 3
May 6, 2023 at 07:51 AM

One thing you could try doing is checking the fans of your laptop to see if they're working correctly, as any issue there could cause overheating and shutdown of your system. A cooling pad might also prove effective.

Also keep an eye out to make sure the laptop's battery power hasn't run down completely; any issue charging could cause shutdown issues and should be properly addressed with proper charging tools like your power adapter plugged into different outlets and using different outlets if they make any difference in behavior.

If neither of those solutions work, it might be worthwhile taking your laptop to an expert for inspection. They can conduct more comprehensive diagnosis to establish whether there's any hardware issues which need addressing.