Power Light Keeps Flashing [Solved/Closed]

JB - Jun 30, 2009 at 06:42 PM - Latest reply:  Raikou
- Dec 10, 2010 at 05:38 PM
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 (about 3-4 years old). Yesterday my power light started flashing......4 orange flashes followed by 1 green flash.....and it keeps repeating. It flashes in this fashion whether I have it plugged into an A/C power source, or if I am running strictly off the battery. When plugged into the A/C power source the battery recharges up to a level of 99%. I have also tried removing the battery and putting it back in and the problem still exists. What is causing this? Is it anything serious? I certainly hope not.
See more 

2 replies

Best answer
pcsces 3722 Posts Thursday May 14, 2009Registration date September 13, 2012 Last seen - Jul 1, 2009 at 04:14 AM
Thank you
hi,

remove the battery, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds, put back the battery and restart the computer.

if the problem persists, get the laptop repaired by a qualified technician.

Thank you, pcsces 23

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1706 users this month

Thank you
For now, if your Dell Inspiron 6000 is in working condition I wouldn't worry too much about the flashing light. However, if it currently does not work then, I suggest you either phone customer service, or if it's still in warranty get a replacement.