Instagram selfie verification not working after hack

Priya10 - Jun 5, 2023 at 02:33 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14289 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 7, 2024 - Jun 5, 2023 at 05:41 AM

Hello,

my Instagram account got hacked. I’m attempting to log back in using the selfie verification but when I try to upload it it says error. I’ve tried for days and then I try on different devices, I don’t even get the option to do the selfie verification. I have also tried deleting and reinstalling the app and clearing the cache but nothing works

Can anyone help as to how to fix this problem? 

thank you

iPhone / Safari 16.4

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14289 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 7, 2024 1,890
Updated on Jun 5, 2023 at 05:43 AM

Hi,

A lot of people are facing the same issue with the selfie verification process (you can refer to this thread) without finding a solution unfortunately...

However, someone on the forum has found a potential way to fix the issue on this other thread. I provide you the solution here:

I had uninstalled the app for my phone and waited three full days before reinstalling. I read that this could be helpful due to corrupted cache. I reinstalled the app, and was able to complete the selfie verification. My first submit was denied, but the second one was successful and I was able to recover my account from the hacker!

Hope that will help!

Good luck