How can I view chat settings on instagram?

Solved
seymoria - Jul 18, 2023 at 10:25 PM
 seymoria - Jul 19, 2023 at 11:33 AM

Hi all.

I can't see chat settings in my instagram when i click a chat of someone.

I open a chat conversation with someone whom we are mutually following. Then i click on the top left icon of that person in the chat. It opens a strange page with some options to block or restrict etc. No chat settings.

Related:

2 responses

Hi.

Thank you very much for such a detailed and well guided reply. I really appreciate your time and the advice regarding my issue.

I followed your steps and although not in the sequence of steps i expected but nevertheless i reached where i wanted to go.

I was actually looking for the Vanish Mode toggle switch which was supposed to be in Chat Settings. 

Although there is no such title as Chart Settings anywhere in my app but i found the vanish mode in the Privacy and Security option. 

So problem solved :) Thanks a lot again! 

spectra_0853 Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 17, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023 1
Updated on Jul 24, 2023 at 05:25 AM

Hello there,

The process of accessing chat settings might differ slightly depending on the version of the app or any recent updates. However, I'll guide you through the general steps to find chat settings in the Instagram app:

1. Open the Instagram app and go to your Direct Messages by tapping the paper airplane icon in the top-right corner of your home feed.

2. Select the chat conversation with the person you want to access the chat settings for.

3. Once you're in the chat, you should see the profile picture of the person at the top left corner of the chat window. Tap on their profile picture.

4. After tapping their profile picture, a new page should open, displaying their profile. On this page, you might find options like "Block," "Restrict," or "Unfollow." However, if the chat settings are available, you should see a gear or three-dot icon (settings icon) somewhere on that profile page.

5. Tap on the gear or three-dot icon, and it should open the chat settings menu.

6. In the chat settings, you can usually find options to mute notifications, change chat theme, ignore messages, and more.

If you don't see the chat settings option after tapping the profile picture, it's possible that Instagram has made changes to the app's layout or settings. In such cases, it's best to ensure your Instagram app is up to date by visiting your app store and checking for any available updates.

I hope this helps you find the chat settings.