Machine has invalid ip address

Closed
hazet - Jul 8, 2009 at 06:25 AM
 mJ - Sep 16, 2009 at 02:34 PM
Hello,
everytime im in messenger i get the error your machine has an invalid ip address and i cant sign into messenger, if i manage to get in messenger its not long before it freezes mid conversation and signs me out with the same error machine has invalid ip address y is it doing this only happens in windows messenger, i have a e22o web n walk dongal, had this looked at and no problem there, i have windows vista can anyone help.

2 responses

I'm having exactly the same problem and am using the same dongle and systems etc.
iv been on the phone several times with t mobiles technical support team, different guy everytime but the guy today seemed to no wot was causin it, he told me my wireless connection in network sharin centre was automatically enabled on my machine so usin the dongal which uses a dial up connection meant my machine was tryin to connect in 2 different ways, because wireles was enabled it was pickin up if my neighbours etc had wireless routers so confusin my machine, he had me follow his steps to disable it and waitin to talk to my friend on msn later to see if problem resolved
hey guys

If you find your still having problems with your machine saying you have an invalid ip, it could be because of your internet explorer settings. Check tools/Work Offline - if its ticked simple click it off and try signing back in.