Computer boots when it wants

Closed
Duckmanyee - Jul 21, 2009 at 01:59 AM
 Duckmanyee - Jul 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Hello,
Ok i have recently built a new computer yet it is giving me nothing but problems. Ok so i have a AMD Athlon Processor 3500+* (2.2GHz) 939pin. This one replaced my old one which was an AMD Sempron Processor 1.8Ghz 939pin. I replaced it because for some reason when installing windows xp pro i would always get a bsod. And my computer was acting up choosing to boot when it wants to. SOme times it would go a far as detecting the bootable material on my pc, while other times it would go past the boot screen telling me press f2 and what not and then just load a black screen with a blinking white cursor at the top left hand corner and just hang there. So after doing research i decided to replace my ram with a brand new 1 gigabyte pc3200 400hz. So now i only have 1 gig of ram. Yet my motherboard it still acting up. What to do???? Anything i can do other than buying a whole new motherboard??

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Hello,

I will advise you to format your computer and re-install a fresh windows,

This is because you changed the processor and the HAL changed too.. this made the system unstable

Thanks
Sorry should have mentioned earlier that the hard is completely empty no operating system. The reference to the bsod's is during install so i can't install anything. And i can only get that far if my computer decides to boot the cd instead of just hanging there, with the black screen and blinking white line. So reformat is out the picture. I've switched the hard drive out with a 20 gig one installed with Windows 98 and it will boot, like i said if the computer doesn't decide to hang but will only give me another bsod. So any other idea??