Dell d600 when turn on green lights flash [Solved/Closed]

robby _fizzle - Jul 22, 2009 at 11:25 PM - Latest reply:  SkullS
- Mar 14, 2013 at 04:24 AM
Hello, my dell d600 when I turn it on sometimes it turns on fine but sometimes when I turn it on the lights go green for about secinds apearing as though its turning on but then shut off and it doesnt turn on it happenes over and over every time I press it and sometimes when I have the charger in the battery light flashes green periodically do I need a new battery?
See more 

8 replies

Best answer
baratita.com - Feb 18, 2010 at 06:37 PM
Thank you
Try this. Press down hard on the f7 and f8 keys while trying to turn it on. Some if it does turn on then odds are that the solder joints on the bios chip (which is below the f7/f8 keys) are bad. You can try to touch it up yourself, but it is not an easy job.

As far as I can tell the d600/600m have this issue a lot.

Thank you, baratita.com 25

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1676 users this month

You're gold, that was the problem with my D600. It works for now.. :)
Thanks!
THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!! it works for now
Thanks so much, it worked :)
Thank you
The problem may be caused by heat damage to one or both of the RAM slots on the motherboard or defective slots. Reseating the RAM may work. You can try taking RAM stick B out and boot with just A and vice versa. You can also try different RAM in he slots as the RAM may be bad. Placing a small piece of rubber on the cover plate over RAM slot A, B or both seems to have worked for many. I found many solutions that worked on the link below

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/50498/

Buckaroo
I would like to add that the reason for the rubber is it puts pressure on the RAM so it makes better contact

buckaroo
gearhead 1 Posts Saturday July 2, 2011Registration date July 2, 2011 Last seen - Jul 2, 2011 at 08:24 AM
Thank you
My D600 has done this for like 2 years. It finally gave up. I did the F7,F8 while pressing the power button, and it seemed to work. I remove the keyboard, screen and took the case apart to investigate and found that the connector for the power board was broken from the motherboard, and unless you have some specialized soldering tools and proper eye wear so you can see the TINY broken solder joints, you won't be able to fix this problem.
afsgun 276 Posts Wednesday May 13, 2009Registration date September 6, 2009 Last seen - Jul 23, 2009 at 04:18 AM
Thank you
hi,

remove the battery and the plug it back again.

if the same thing happens, get the battery replaced.

if this does not fix the problem, then it may be an internal problem.

contact your local Dell dealer for support.