I can connect to the internet but not router [Solved/Closed]

- - Latest reply:  KONTOLTOLOL - Dec 24, 2018 at 02:03 AM
Hello,
I have a netgear wireless router CG814WG that is hardwired to my PC. I am connected to the internet and can surf to my hearts content. The problem arises when I try to connect to my router so I can set up the wireless network. every time I go to 192.168.0.1 this is all I get. (I Use Firefox 3...only)

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
See more 

8 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou on Nov 30, 2018
Thank you
  • Do Windows+R to open the execute box and type
    cmd /k ipconfig
  • Find the Default Gateway and note your IP.
  • Go to the address bar, put your IP and you are done ;-)

Say "Thank you" 57

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 6737 users have said thank you to us this month

thanks
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
had the same problem. it worked out so thanks!!
Remove "cmd /k".Even without that command,it will still gonna do the same process.
Thank you
I had the same problem. I am totally clueless, but luckily have a son with a great brain who was home on leave. He said something about my DSL modem and the wireless router haveing the same IP address and he had to change one - made it end in 2.0 instead of 1.0 or some such. This was after 3 hrs or so and emails to his brainy navy friends. (This is what they do for the Navy) Works fine now. Hope it helps.
Thank you
Hi All,
My problem got solved after I switched off and on the router and choosing a different port for the cable behind the router.Thanks
go to cmd, then type ipconfig /all and chech whats your getway addres.
Then type ping |your getway addres| -t and chech are there any time outs. If they appeared, I think u have problems with your net cable.

sorry for my broken english :D
cheers
Registration date
Tuesday April 15, 2008
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2009
Thank you
Did you have an installation Cd when you bought the router you must re-configure your router to be able to access internet , Once you have made the setup on 1 pc the router will share the internet connection with the other one

Try this command to check whether all your post is connected to the router

Go to start Run

Type CMD

A dos interface will appear

Then type Ping. your router id

Ping. 168.0. ect..

Check whether the connection is here
Thank you
Many routers will not let you access setup from the wireless connection. Be sure you are hardwired (ethernet cable) to the router when trying to access setup. (This may not be your problem. I didn't see if you indicated whether you were connected wirelessly or not.)
Thank you
hey, try this...power off your router (unplug power from back, discconect the internet from the back of the router, move the ethernet from-ro ur computer to a different port (ex.2 or 3), restart ur PC, wen back on, replug in POWER...then open up internet explorer and try to acces the router then (could be ur typing wrong try 192.168.1.1, routerlogin.net) good luck, once logged in you can reconnect intetrnet
Thank you
I had a similar issue. What fixed it for me was resetting the router to the factory settings.
Thank you
Best thing to do is to reset your router. Just unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Worked for me.