Problem With Pograms Connecting to Internet

Closed
Honkadoo - Jul 25, 2009 at 10:22 AM
fobvious5 Posts 259 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 - Jul 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Hello,
I have been having trouble with any new programs I install that connect to the internet - they won't connect. My IE works fine, but anything else that I try to install (from firefox to utorrent) wont connect.
I have tried allowing these programs through my firewalls, still nothing.

I have also been having problems with Rogers Online Protection and also Symantec Antivirus - I realize that you shouldn't really install two AV's, and I'm guessing this is the problem and is somehow connected to the internet program problems. Neither of them connect to live update, and I cant uninstall either AV (I get errors that uninstall files are missing). I have tried going into safe mode and uninstalling (still get the errors), and even reinstalling both, but still the same problem. The best I could do was delete the folders under program files, but after I do that, my IE stops working...

I really dont want to have to reformat my computer (its my last resort) but its slowly coming to this. Can anybody help?

1 response

fobvious5 Posts 259 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 15
Jul 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Dear Sir,

Please update your computer,

Then install Internet explorer 8.0

Download it here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/internet-explorer-help-23360e49-9cd3-4dda-ba52-705336cc0de2?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Install it

Thanks