Which Windows for my MacBook? [Solved/Closed]

- - Latest reply:  Biz - May 1, 2009 at 06:43 AM
Hi!
I just got the latest MacBook with 120 GB of space. Currently, there is only 76.66 free GB. I want to use either Windows XP or Windows Vista.
My question is which one would be more suitable in a dual-boot situation I'm little afraid that Vista might run too slowly.
Any advise?
See more 

7 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou
Thank you
If you are using dual boot then windows XP professional will be very good . Vista has confusinfg interface for dual boot . But the XP will support 100% your mac pc. It very useful for mixed combination

Say "Thank you" 1

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5775 users have said thank you to us this month

Thank you
Yep! I agree... and I dont think Vista would work properly if you have Tiger on your comp but with Leopard it would work.
Registration date
Wednesday February 20, 2008
Status
Last seen
February 6, 2009
Thank you
hi nerds,
i too agree that vista would be better,as its fresh,new and innovative with its new features so up to u but please go for vista dear;-)
Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 9, 2009
Thank you
hi nerds,
i would surely go for vista as it is really good and cool to use but xp also is good but not as vista but make sure u have a good anti virus with it like avira,,,,,,see ya soon;-)
Thank you
hi ,
I just got a MacBook about a month ago. I have vista. i like it. and i have a problem with messengers. on my old laptop, i had Windows Live Messenger. I loved it. and now i can't get it anymore. i have tried amsn, Microsoft Messenger and Mercury Messenger. none of them are the same as Windows Live Messenger. there is a webcam built into the laptop. but its no use if i can't use it! i really want windows live messenger on this computer. does anyone know how?
Try mercury messenger!! It take times to get use to the layout but it works just fine,,
Hi nerds. Got a macbook osx with built in webcam but doesn't work after downloading amsn. Please help
Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 7, 2009
Thank you
Have you tried to use bootcamp holly???
Thank you
Hi Folks,
Adium Messenger Works really good,no crashes,multi interface specially that you can use your google talk account, facebook chat and several other chat providers in the same time.