No Signal to monitor

Closed
DaniSpitz - Aug 21, 2009 at 07:45 AM
 Danispitz - Aug 23, 2009 at 07:33 AM
Hello,
Hey all, here is one I am in need of some help with.. Built my comp. about 2 years ago with an asus board, 2 raptor hard drives of 150 g each, 2 g of ram. a intel 2.4 duo, and a nvidia 8800 gt video card, need an 800 watt power supply to get her going right. I changed video cards once, and upgraded a few weeks earliar to 4 g ram and put a LG blue ray burner in the mix. Now about a 2 weeks ago the whole thing died on me, no frozen screen or shut down. Just went to power it up one morning and nothing happend. With some friendly advise I was told that my motherboard went to hell in a handbag. So I went threw newegg and purchased an Evga board, when to hook it up with no effect/change. Changed out the power supply and then there was life, at least with the board, hard drives and video card power up but I can't get anything except a "no signal" message on the monitor. Tryed changing back the ram. Bringing a friends monitor and the same message came up. so i asumed it was the video card, which made me try hookin the monitor up threw the motherboard. Still the same message comes up... I am definately not asking for an explination just some way to get this machine workin again... Any idea's?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 21, 2009 at 09:54 AM
Hello there,

This is may be due to the processor,

i'll advise you to try connecting another processor and see what happens

I think this is the cause of the problem you are having

Goodluck
Thanks psces!
Processor was the issue, works great now!!