Can't connect to internet via wirless

Closed
thehobogod Posts 7 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2009 - Sep 3, 2009 at 06:57 PM
thehobogod Posts 7 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2009 - Sep 3, 2009 at 07:08 PM
Hello,
ok basically heres whats happening. i just recieved a "craptop" from someone, and it was working fine. untill i tried to hook up the internet to my xbox, once i did that i can't connect my "craptop" to the internet. normally i could fix this but the problem isn't the connection, its something else. it says i have excellent signal strength and im connected, but when i go to the internet (google chrome) it says: error 105 (server not found). naturally im like wtf and search this up on my other computer, i found this sight and another forum member with a similar problem, even on the same browser. Someone in that one said to turn off your firewall and i did. someone else said to go into control panel and change my internet properties but there is no internet properties section. i still cannot connect to the internet.

someone PLEASE HELP!
p.s. craptop config = XP and i was using Google Chrome
Related:

1 response

sarbel.vilo Posts 233 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 31
Sep 3, 2009 at 07:03 PM
Check the cables if they are properly plugged in else see with your internet providers.
thehobogod Posts 7 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2009
Sep 3, 2009 at 07:08 PM
ya but my other laptop works fine :D thats what im typing from...