My computer is automatic reboot looping

Solved/Closed
asho - Aug 31, 2008 at 10:40 AM
 venkat - Feb 12, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Hello,
my computer is stuck in a reboot loop. I have an intel pentium 4 desktop computer. it is windows xp home edition. the problem happened after I installed the windows service package 2 (i know, im a little behind). it seemed to install the update fine but after I restarted my computer I couldnt seem to get to my desktop. the computer manages to get to the light blue windows xp loading screen but instead of entering my desktop the computer reboots and the whole process starts over again. after reading other forums, I tried the F8 method but couldnt seem to make it work. last known configuration and safe mode dont seem to work but I may have not done them correctly; im no computer whiz. but after pressing the "disable automatic restart on system failure" option, I got this error message on the "blue screen of death" (this happened after the light blue xp loading screen instead of it restarting like it usually does):
STOP: c000021a Unknown Hard Error
Unknown Hard Error

what should I do? I dont want to have to reinstall windows xp and lose my data as I have some important documents and music mp3s on it. ive read about possibly doing a repair install? how does that work, would it work, and would it save my data? is there another option? thanks in advance.

Configuration: Windows XP
Firefox 2.0.0.14
Related:

18 responses

hi guys
try this..just repair your operating system...i did not try this because its too late for me to know thats why I want to tell you guys how to solve your problems.and I hope that it will work for you all..

* Set your first boot device in the Bios to CD-Rom. Insert your Windows XP CD, save the bios settings and exit. Soon "Press any key to boot of CD" will appear on the screen, hit the space bar to continue.
* Now setup will inspect your hardware and software, it then will load various files required for the repair. Just wait and be patient, this may take a few moments.
* Soon a menu will appear (as pictured below), press enter to continue.
* Now the "End User Agreement" Press "F8" if you agree, "ESC" if you don't.
* You will now have to select the installation you wish to repair. Usually there is only one, but sometimes, there may be 2 or more (i.e. you have done a parallel install to resolve a problem), use the up/down arrow key to select the install, and then press "R" to continue.
* Setup will now examine the disk be patient, it can take a few minutes.
* Setup will go through a percentage - 1 to 100%
* A screen will soon appear. Press "F3" to continue
* Now setup will reboot system, wait 15 seconds or just press enter.
* Now it is time to see if this has solved your problems.

hope it work.....goodluck
This information was extremely helpful! Thank you!
Thank you sir it helped me, thank you once again.
its very helpful
its very usefull thanks-nisar ahmed uae
very helpful yar