Linksys connection on two laptops

Closed
plantsplants - Sep 11, 2008 at 11:19 PM
 vio - Aug 18, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Hello,
I have used this linksys router before and everything worked fine. I moved and now have a roommate who has a laptop too. My laptop wont connect to the internet without the ethernet cord connected to the modem (refuses wireless at home) My roomate can use my router just fine without being physically connected. How do I get my computer to recognize the router as well like before? Having to constantly plug and unplug the cord and switch between wireless and using the cable causes my computers to only stay on the internet for a short while! please help! were both students and don't have time to schedule internet time.
Related:

1 response

starsailors.me Posts 24 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 12
Sep 12, 2008 at 05:18 AM
hey there,

the problem may be coming from your the hardware inside your computer i mean your wifi adapter and if your pc is still new bring it back from where you have bought it or if not then have an it professional have a look at it
i am having a problem withmy internet connection. i use wirless internet from my buddy that lives up stairs and now it will not let me get connected. my wirless network states im connected, but when i go to tap the internet it connects but also dosconnects me. what should i do? please help!!
worthless answer