Problem in sharing a folder on xp [Solved/Closed]

mantu - Sep 27, 2008 at 05:45 PM - Latest reply:  Raj
- Apr 4, 2013 at 04:54 AM
Hello,
i have two pc connected on lan both running on xp.i have provided all the required ip address correctly but when I try to share a file it says "server service is not started"
See more 

14 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Just go to run-services.msc-then locate the service name server
then restart the service and also make sure that it is not disabled

Thank you, rajesh 26

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1707 users this month

Thanks awesome!
you deserve a treat from my side
Thanks a lot! Just superb tip!
Thank you
Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK. Find the Server service in the right-pane list and double-click it. If the service is stopped, click Start. Set the Startup Type to Automatic.
TheParoxysm 170 Posts Sunday December 7, 2008Registration date March 25, 2011 Last seen - Dec 8, 2008 at 04:23 AM
Thank you
It would be easier if you connected them both to a router, and had them join the same work group.

Then you could just right click any file or folder you wanted to share and click Share...

Your other computer will see the folder under My Network.

Connecting computers directly is a bad idea, and a security nightmare.
hi, this gopinath. I am having doubt about file sharing. when we want to share a file to other pc, then we should enter the ip address of shared pc in other pc in run cmd, then it will ask username/password of the shared pc. then when we want to share the other folder of the same system then it will not ask again the username/password, it will directly get the page. But I need that when I login to that syatem it should ask the username/password everytime. If u know the answer plz reply to my mail id Email Id removed for security
Thank you
dear friend go to my computer then right click mange then the dilog box will opened dubll click on services and application then click on services so many application will apaire then choose sever and duble click and the general tab click on start then apply and ok.
nic issue resolved...
Muhammad Sami - Jun 23, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Thank you
I have total computer at 40th but (problem is sharing) because every one member worked to server share file. Reason sharing is block so I am not to understand this problem but I understand problem one solution if every computer to connect G.H bit LAN card and G.H bit swatch so I think this problem solve. Regard
Muhammad sami
Thank you
how can make a password password security of personal folder in my windos
Muhammad Sami - Jun 23, 2010 at 11:50 PM
Thank you
I have total computer at 40th but (problem is sharing) because every one member worked to server share file. Reason sharing is block so I am not to understand this problem but I understand problem one solution if every computer to connect G.H bit LAN card and G.H bit swatch so I think this problem solve. Regard
Muhammad sami
ID : Email Id removed for security
Shahzad Haider - Jul 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Thank you
The solution to your problem is simple.. Just Goto RUN .. Type "services.msc" .. U will find the list of services. Find a service called SERVER, right click on it and select START.. that it ..