NOD32 and binary downloads

Solved/Closed
klaasje - Mar 13, 2010 at 07:13 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 15, 2010 at 05:47 AM
Hello,

I have the latest NOD32 and over the last couple of days it has given warning that a potential threat is found. This is in both an existing program which I have been using for years without any problems (it is a binary download) and when I try to download more binary PC games from Awem which is a reliable website, it again comes up with "warning, a potential threat found" A variant of WIN32/FenomenGame potentially unwanted application.

Have contacted NOD32 but have not yet had an answer.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 14, 2010 at 03:55 PM
Hello,

From what you describe, all major antivirus products recognize FenomenGame as an adware Trojan. If you have in your system the file wildtribe.dwn.exe, you are infected.

I suggest you download and install Malwarebyte. Once installed please update it and run a FULL system scan.

Once your system is clean, I suggest that you delete Malwarebyte for it may conflict with NOD32.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Let us know if this worked for you

Regards
Hello Ambucias

I did get a reply from the eset people who tried out one of the games I was having the warning with, and they said the Fenomen Games often bring up a warning. Although I had not got it from the Fenomen website, it may have been one of their games for all I know.

He said I could just tell NOD32 "no action" which I did. And it all works fine.

I did look for wildtribe.dwn.exe with search and it didn't come up, so I don't think I have got that on the computer.

Thank you for your answer. Will keep this website in my bookmarks!

Thank you