Internet won't work

Closed
bbills10 - Oct 25, 2008 at 03:25 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 25, 2008 at 04:23 PM
Hello,
I am having an ongoing problem on my laptop. It has vista on it and is part of a 2 computer network. The laptop is connected wirelessly, and will be working fine then for some reason whatever browser(IE or Firefox will not open any pages). Everything seems ok but no pages will open. The only thing that I can do is restart the laptop and then it works again. While the laptop browsers will not open any pages, the other PC on the network has no problems at all. So it seems to be limited to a laptop problem. Yet everything I've looked at seems to be working properly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 25, 2008 at 04:23 PM
Is the "other" computer also connected via wireless? If not I would suspect interference with the wireless signal. You or your neighbors might have a 2.4Ghz wireless phone. Even a microwave oven can transmit in that frequency range.

You could change the transmission channel on the router. That might help.

Test your laptop a foot or two away from the wireless router. Lack of problems would indicate a PC software or hardware issue.

Can you reproduce the problem away from your house - like at the local coffeehouse? If so that would also indicate a PC issue.