LInksys router

Solved/Closed
Gilly - Apr 23, 2010 at 06:31 PM
 Gilly - Apr 24, 2010 at 05:41 AM
My son was trying to find my wireless network as a guest and entered what I thought was the secure pass word it didn't work so he tried to disable mine to check . and somehow managed to loose my connection. it keeps saying acquiring network address , it still does work on another laptop but not on mine. I do not have the disc to the router anymore

2 responses

starhawk85 Posts 16 Registration date Friday April 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2010 1
Apr 23, 2010 at 07:26 PM
on the router there should be a reset button hold it in for about 20 sec and release. wait for the lights to come back on and blink appropriately.
after doing this connect a lan wire from port one on the back of the box and into a computer now you will have a wire connection to the net... make sure your wirless is disabled and open up your browser. when your browser opens type in the following 192.168.1.1 this should take you right to the linksys router make sure to setup a admin password first after you have setup the password for the admin you can continue setting up with the wizard that is on your router it will help you step by step in setting it up... make sure to go to the wirless tab to enable a secure wireless connection
for more help visit
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/linksys/
it will help with step by step the whole way through by your product #
or http://screenshots.modemhelp.net/navigation/hardware/wirelessdevices/linksys/
if either of them is what you have
hope this helps :)
thank you i will try your advice. Gilly
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Apr 23, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Delete your existing wireless profile (preferred network) and reconnect to wireless network. You can take a look on this wireless adapter configuration article to help you.

If you've forgotten the username/password to access router management page, press reset button at the back of router for 30s-1m when it's powered on, after that temporary connect to router this way and reconfigure the router.

hope able to help you.
thank you I will try your advice