Access Dlink DI-300 using wireless

Closed
Rany - May 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM
 Rany - May 30, 2010 at 03:27 PM
Hello,

I was wondering, I forgot the admin password of my Dlink DI-300 and need to restart it. Is it possible to set it up using wireless?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 30, 2010 at 01:04 PM
NO. For security reasons most routers need to be connected via a wired connection to a PC before you can log on to the admin account. There should be a small hole on the back of the router. You press a pen into the hole for 30 seconds and it resets the router to factory condition. You can Google "default router passwords" to find the one for your roputer. You can then logon to the admin account and set wifi password and SSID name.

Good Luck
I can access it via wireless with no problems, this kind of routers doesnt need a wired connection to allow admin login.
here's the deal: I forgot the admin password so I need to reset the router. Issue is I dont have an ethernet cable at the moment and am nowhere near one. if I reset it, will I be able to access it via wireless for the 1st time set up?