Change IP and DNS suffix

Closed
Phil111 - Nov 12, 2008 at 09:36 PM
 cyberskunk - Oct 19, 2010 at 06:13 PM
Hello,
I have a windows XP sp2 home OS installed on my laptop. I am in US. When travelling overseas, I connect to the network here in US. May some one please shed light on:

When overseas, I want my computers IP and DNS suffix to be that of a US based ISP provider. I want a US IP and a DNS suffix so that it looks like I am in USA. How do I go about doing this???

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

militarypcs Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2008
Nov 13, 2008 at 03:41 AM
hello,

first of all can you tell me if you already the dns and ip address of the isp here in the usa.

if you already have the ip address and dns address then just follow up these steps:
1) on your internet connection dial up wizard in the network connections menu just right click on it and click on the properties options.
2) in the networking tab click on the INternet Protocol (TCP/IP)
3)Click on the properties options
4)and from there you will be able to assign new ip and dns address.

enjoy buddy
I can receive but not send messages using outlook express when at home and when connecting to some hotspots. But other hotspots do let me receive AND send. It is definitely related to the connection and not to my configuration, as I change nothing when switching between hotspots. Any information is welcome.