My Toshiba Satallite is not booting

Closed
Samantha - Jun 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM
 Samantha - Jun 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Hello,

My laptop is not booting the OS (W Vista). It brings up the Toshiba screen, pretends to be loading windows but then it just goes gray. I have tried to go the the advanced boot options using F8, but it is not working. Upon start up I have clicked it twice, held it down and even click continously. It still would not go to the advanced options. Can someone pls tell me what I am doing wrong?

2 responses

mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
Jun 26, 2010 at 01:03 AM
There is a post on this problem check it out first then come back if it does not solve your problem

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/
It didn't help. To get the Advanced Boot Options I had to hold down 0 then the boot menu opened up. I seleced RAMboot Tool (think that is what is called) then hit f8 and that is when I reached the ABO. I wasn't able to run it in safe mode anyway, the screen just turns gray.
I was able to get to the safe mode, but when I ran it in safe mode it said "windows is loading files" then went directly to a gray screen. The only thing that came up was the pointer for the mouse. I do not have a restore point so the restore feature is no help. Oh and I tried unplugging the power cord, removed the battery, turned it upside down; then plugged back in the power cord and stared laptop then put the battery back in. It did not help.
Can anyone help me trouble shoot this problem?