Internet not working, though its "connected"

Solved/Closed
eunsom - Jun 27, 2010 at 05:42 PM
 skipper - Jul 18, 2010 at 08:13 AM
Hey guys. So I logged onto my computer the other day, and click onto Google Chrome. It said that 'the webpage is unavailable'. So then i tried going on Firefox and IE but both also said internet wasn't connecting or smthng.

I checked to see my internet connections, and the status says "connected" so i don't understand why both of the 3 browsers aren't working for me.

I literally tried everything. I searched for answers for the past 2 days.

No, I don't have Norton so uninstalling it won't do anything. I have Trend Micro though, and I uninstalled that just to make sure. I unchecked the proxy server. I did that cmd.exe thing. I changed the homepages for all my three browsers and that didn't work. I turned off my modem and turned it back on. I made sure all the cables were plugged in.

I don't know what else to do anymoree! It's driving me insane.

I'm on my dad's computer right now. I can't get into internet on my other computer so I can't download anything from the internet. (DUHHH!) OH, & I have a modem and a router btw.

Hopefully, you guys have some answerssss!

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 27, 2010 at 05:55 PM
Hi,

try this 1,

Right click on the internet explorer---->click on properties---> click on

"Connections" tab-->click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the

options, if you notice any option selected. Check your firewall also.
wow, ty so much, that worked for me!! :)
I have already tried that & yet it still doesn't work. ):
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 28, 2010 at 02:32 PM
Hi,

Try resetting your Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Just follow the instructions.

1) Click on Start ----> click on Run -----> type cmd and click on OK. Command

Prompt will be opened.

2) then type this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

then press Enter.

It rewrites two registry keys that are used by TCP/IP.

3) Reboot your computer.
i have exactly the same problem only difference is for some weird reason an old version of safari is working but not ie or firefox, i have tried all the above and have no idea what to do now, Help please!!!!!
THANKS! it helppped (:
Jul 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Hi sweenle,

Sorry for the late reply. Check your proxy setting in firefox browser.
In Firefox, Click on Tools-->Options--->Advanced --> Network--->Settings---> select "No proxy" option and click on OK.