Programs won't connect to internet

Closed
Jess - Jul 4, 2010 at 08:20 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 18, 2010 at 03:06 AM
Hello,

I recently updated my iTunes, but after doing so I was unable to access the iTunes store - a message pops up saying "iTunes cannot connect to the internet. The network connection has timed out". I tried alot of things in an attempt to fix the problem, unchecking proxy LAN settings in Internet Options, turning off firewall and anti-virus software, changing security settings and pretty much everything else on the internet, but to no avail. Then, a little while ago, I updated my Sims 3 game and after that, my Sims 3 Game launcher also couldn't connect to the internet. I just checked my Google Chrome, and that doesn't connect and, after uninstalling my avast anti-virus, I have been unable to reinstall it. None of these programs can connect to the internet, but they were able to connect moments before for updates. The rest of my internet works fine, I can browse, stream and torrent. I have tried everything and don't know what else to do. My computer is giving no signs of viruses or spyware, I have never had this problem before and my IP is Optus.

If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 18, 2010 at 03:06 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider having the firewall disabled and see whether the task gets completed.

Thanks.