Monitor light blinks

Closed
Dipesh - Jul 10, 2010 at 02:11 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 15, 2010 at 06:31 AM
Hello,
I have found a continuous problem with the computer.My computer doesnt start up for a long time ( almost 20 mins).when i press the power,All fans roll,CPU fan
is proper,all lights proper but no video on monitor & monitor led keeps blinking.I initially thought the problem is with the power supply
which was used.So i got it replaced.But the problem persists.I also tried swapping/removing one of the memory chips.I mean the monitor
doesn't get any video neither through the Graphic Card nor through the integrated graphics output.I have also tested the monitor.After around 20 mins the computer automatically starts as if it required a bit of heating to start up.Now the computer behaves sub-normal like if you shut down and start immediately within next 15 mins or so it would start right away.But when you come back to start after a long gap like say 3 hours or so,it would take up the same long time to start up (arnd 20 mins).I dont understand this.I think it is the motherboard.
btw I dont hear any beeps if I remove both the memories or CMOS battery(thats a problem i have been facing even in normal working conditions).but it can be also due to a faulty onboard speaker ?
My computer specs :
MB:Intel DG31PR Desktop Board
GC : NVIDIA 8400GS
RAM : Transcend 2G x2
CPU : Intel Core2Duo E7400

Please help asap.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 15, 2010 at 06:31 AM
Dear Dipesh,

Please check whether the trouble is nopt sourcing from the graphic card.

Thanks.