Operating system problem

Closed
Mustafa naim Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 - Jul 17, 2010 at 08:35 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 23, 2010 at 05:58 AM
Hey guys please help me when i start my laptop i am getting this four option after dell loading
1)Windows xp professional
2)windows xp professional(tune up utilities)
3)Default
4)Ubuntu

From that the first two option is okay i can handle but the 3rd & 4th option is coming everytime please help me to get rid of this two problem.I have been waiting for at least 2 years to get rid of this prob.I uninstalled ubuntu but the option is still displaying please help me...Thank you

I also used the command bootcfg /delete /id #
It is showing deleted but it is not deleted it is showing default next time when i open can u send me any software or any instruction on how to remove this extra option thx

one more thing i am also giving u a clue for my os prob
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Media Center Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /TUTag=HBUEPR /Kernel=TUKernel.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Media Center Edition (TuneUp Backup)" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /TUTag=HBUEPR-BAK
C:\wubildr.mbr = "Ubuntu"

please make out from this information & give me a solution
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2010 at 05:58 AM
Dear Sir,

There might be some errors, missing or corrupted files that is causing the difficulty and I will advise to try to repair the system through the below help to see whether it gets fixed. Otherwise, you will have to get it formatted and the OS reinstalled.

http://ccm.net/faq/2508-repairing-windows-xp

Thanks.