Vista will not boot on an Acer Aspire 2930

Closed
bre - Jul 17, 2010 at 01:03 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 17, 2010 at 02:26 PM
Hello!

My laptop is an (Acer Aspire 2930), it was working grand yesterday, it was shut down correctly last night etc.

The OS is Vista.

I turned it on today and went to recovery mode, so i tried to run it in this mode, but a black screen with a cursor came up. It eventually went to a blue screen with a cursor, then prompted me to chose the keyboard language.

Next "system recovery options" appeared, it wanted to me to select an operating system to repair, but none where showing. It said if their where not showing to press "load drivers". I did this and nw it's asking me to insert the installation media for the driver, select ok and to select the driver. I haven't done this yet as i can't find the disk.

What would happen if i inserted a windows 7 CD, would this work ?

I'm afraid of losing all of mum's docs and photos - as i know they mean alot to her, and some of my stuff is on here too.

I tried pressing F8 and restoring it that way or booting it in safe mode, but the laptop just restarts itself. Any ideas?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 17, 2010 at 02:26 PM
Hi there,

You need to insert the recovery disk of Acer ,using a windows 7 installation cd may damage it more than it is actually.

Thanks