HARD DRIVE NOT WORKING

Closed
elly29 - Aug 17, 2010 at 03:40 AM
 Maria - Aug 19, 2010 at 04:53 AM
Hello,
My external usb hard drive was working fine for ages then all of a sudden it stopped working its Western Digital hard drive, my safety remove hardware recognizes it but my computer does not, ive tried going into manage on my computer and then disk management like other people have said and change around letters but the hard drive wont show up in disk management as well. I have heaps of photos and stuff i want them back. i rang some tech guy he said its probs about 900 dollars and i so don't want to spend that much because i dont have that much money. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME if you can

Related:

2 responses

so sorry, it's traumatic losing data. Looking for away I can help you but don't know yet. First try the suggestion given to you earlier. hope it works for you.

Learn not to wait for disaster to strike you then panic for a solution but plan or protect your data by backing up you crucial stuff online. For example there are tons of online backups and I use one called safecopybackup. They offer 3GB free to those who like trying it out. Good luck!
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 17, 2010 at 07:01 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1)Click on Start --> Run --> Type devmgmt.msc and click on OK. Device manager

will be opened. If you notice any yellow mark then reinstall the drivers.

2)Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-common-usb-problems-5e9a9b49-ad43-702e-083e-6107e95deb88

Good Luck.