No sound on hp laptop

Closed
prada23 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2010 - Aug 31, 2010 at 07:02 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Sep 1, 2010 at 07:07 AM
Hello,

my hp laptop no longer plays sound from the speakers and no sounds is available when there are headphones in when i click on the volume icon when i play a song the green bars moving up and down show there is sound being detected but i can't hear i have checked that all speakers are working and all sounds are on high i have tryed quickly removing a pair of headphones from the jack incase of a jam inside there . my younger sister admited to me she has downloaded many voice changers on my computer withou my knowledge i then deleted them all to the recyling box then got rid of them since i have dont that i no longer have any sort of sound please help !!
thank you

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 1, 2010 at 07:07 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1)Check the "Sounds and Audio Devices" option in Control Panel. Make sure that

volume is not in mute.

2) Try reinstalling your audio drivers. You can download the drivers from the

manufacture website and install it.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

Good Luck.