IE connect to whireless but no internet acces

Closed
nexter48 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2010 - Sep 2, 2010 at 03:15 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Sep 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Hello, I have recently had issues with my laptop Windows Xp v5.1
And one day I had Ie connection but when i load either firefox, or Internet Explore..Cannot connect to any websites i did a test and had 0 ports going thou
Ive tried scanning it with malware bytes, & Windows care, & Spy-bot S&D, Avg,

nothing seem to help ... I'm just curious whats going on here i tried my friends connection too the same thing..

This is running off wireless fyi
Any suggestions would be awesome!

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 2, 2010 at 07:35 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Now enter this command

ipconfig/all and press enter.

Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers

are having addresses.

2) Internet Explorer :

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon---->Click on "Properties"---> Click on

"Connections" tab-->Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the

options, if you notice any option selected.

Firefox :

In Firefox, Click on Tools-->Options--->Advanced--->Settings---> select "No

proxy" option and click on OK.

Good Luck.
Blocked Profile
Sep 2, 2010 at 08:20 AM
Hi there,

If you have the same problem on different machine then you need to contact the network administrator for further help on the matter,if you connect with lan cable what is the response?please give more information.

Thanks
nexter48 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2010
Sep 2, 2010 at 09:12 PM
i did the ipconfig on it shows this

connection-soecific dns suffix . :
Ip address ***,***,***.*
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway :

The DNS & Default Gate way have no Address

im asumeing thats the problem how do i change this?? or is it something i have to bring into a store to fix?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Hello,
Try this 1.
Check the SSID and the security key. Try disabling your antivirus and firewall temporary.
If the problem still exists try resetting your router.
You can try hard reset. You can find the reset button at the back of your router. You can use paperclip to push the button. When your router is ON, just hold the reset button for 30 secs and release it. It will reboot on its own.
(Note : It will clear all the settings you have configured in the router.)
Good Luck.