Internet Issues

Solved/Closed
Monty - Sep 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Sep 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Hello,

I recently had a virus breach and scanned my computer with a anti-virus software.I was able to connect to the internet after I cleared the virus. I had norton earlier so got rid of it compleltely. And Now I installed all the MS UPDATES.

And for some reason I am not able to connect to internet.

I tried removing the update KB963027 as some one suggested.

I tried every possible DOS Command to reset, renew my IP Address.

I checked all the forums and did everything possible with internet options and Windows firewall options.

I tried creating a new rule to unlock port 80.

I tried IE with no add ons and every possible combination with that.

I am a Data base guy and not bad with computers and I think I pretty much covered everything that one would possibly do in all directions. But Still I am scratching my head and wondering why I am not able to connect to internet and why it shows address invalid for any website i type in.

Can any one help me? I dont understand what is going on.

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 27, 2010 at 02:03 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Reset your "Internet Explorer" settings.

Right-click on "Internet Explorer" icon ---> Properties ---> Click on "Advanced" tab

---> Click on "Reset" button.

2) Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon---->Click on "Properties"---> Click on

"Connections" tab-->Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the

options, if you notice any option selected.

Good Luck.
It was a Nortorn Uninstall issue. What a bummer why do people even build a worthless uninstall of a virus software. I had to get a third party tool and even after i uninstalled Nortorn, i ran the tool and it removed a lot of junk norton had left behind which was causing it to connect to the internet but not surf.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Hello,
Thanks for your feedback.