Ipod touch

Closed
babydobug - Dec 27, 2008 at 04:03 PM
 Evan - Dec 28, 2008 at 08:02 PM
Hello,
i cant get ipod touch to connect to the internet using wi-fi with linksys router wrt54g. it as for password and when i put the pass word in it still wont connect. my pc and laptop connects using same password, but the ipod touch acts like the password is wrong. please help!

1 response

Here, I got a few ideas that might help, I had a few problems getting my wifi to work for my itouch.
First got to your settings on your itouch and go to wifi and just select your network that you want to access.
After that, double check your WEP and enter in that ( can't hurt to do this again if you allready have)
go to that network's info and make sure everything matches up with you router's.
Depending on the router you have you might have to manually set up the new device, so go to you router by going into any web browser and type in your network's gateway (found in the control panel/network connections and by double clicking the Internet connection you use and go to the support tab on a pc) and make sure the network picks up your iPod or possibly you have a block for wifi on your network(try messing around with the wifi settings)
Also, make sure your itouch is up-to-date with the newest version of the itouch(updated in iTunes)
I had to mess around with my router settings to get mine to work, but once you get it connected its lots of fun, I did this whole message on my itouch actually. Hoped this helped, if you are still having problems after this, try calling apple or something, they might know.