Having problems with ctrl keys

Closed
tamirk - Dec 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Hello all,
both my ctrl kets stopped working suddenly and i have no idea why...
tried cntrl+alt+fn but didn't work...
i am using vista.
what can i do?
thank you all and have a great day...

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 5, 2010 at 03:16 PM
Hi Tamirk,

The problem that you are actually facing might be coming from different issues being virus or trojan or burnt circuits. Nevertheless, it is somehow difficult to have burnt circuits on the board causing only the CTRL keys to act up and stop working. You have not given precise information if you are using a laptop or an extrenal keyboard. If ever it is an external keyboard, simply remove it and try another one. If there is no problem with the other keyboard, then it will be definitely be that the keyboard was faulty.

The problem will then be coming from the circuit board and it will be wise to send it to a Computer technician for getting it fixed. However, it will be most advisable to get a new one because you could experience the same trouble from often from it.

In the situation that the keyboard does not show any physical deffects, it will surely be coming from a virus or trojan. Use trojan remover or an anti malware, carry out a scan and get it confirmed.

Hope that the information provided helps solve the matter, Good luck!
hi,
i have spybot search and destroy and there are no trojans...
i am using a laptop...
what else can i do?
thanks a lot
Blocked Profile
Dec 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Hello Tamirk,

This can hence be associated to a problem with your system files being missing or corrupted. But take care to try an external keyboard. If the external keyboard works correctly, then it will imply that there is some problems on the circuit board and hence you will have to send it to get repaired.

Otherwise, please use your installation disc to get your system repaired. Please get the instructions from the following Kioskea FAQ article.

https://ccm.net/faq/1777-repairing-vista-at-startup

Good luck dude!