No icons or start button on desktop

Solved/Closed
toms789 - Dec 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM
 Nancy - Feb 11, 2015 at 03:13 PM
Hello,

I turned my computer on and logged into my desktop account but only my desktop screen comes up! Non of my icons are there, neither is the windows start button and if i press ctrl-Alt-Del, the task manager does not do anything! It simply just shows a blue screen. It is Windows 7!

I don't know what to do!

Please help, as I need my dissertation work that is on it!

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 30, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Greatings, try this:

Just hit ctrl alt delete then kill the explorer.exe process then run explorer.exe again as a new task.

Once you are done, I would appreciate you letting me know how happy you are to have recovered your bar and icons.

Good Luck!
Computer tryhard
Dec 30, 2010 at 01:35 PM
i have the same problem but how do you close the explorer.exe if like he said the task bar does not even pop up i had to log in in safe mode just to ask this(control alt delete -task bar nothing pop up now what?(and thanks again for any reasonable answer you provide
Anonymous User
Dec 30, 2010 at 01:51 PM
If the problem persist, launch a malware clean,

Download MBAM to the link below:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it and perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan"

Regards!
Computer tryhard
Dec 30, 2010 at 02:03 PM
Thank you very much attempting this method right now will definitly bookmark this site
Anonymous User
Dec 30, 2010 at 02:10 PM
You're welcome, let me know if your problem is not fix.
Computer tryhard
Dec 30, 2010 at 02:19 PM
alright that i will do (its still scanning and working-114infected found so far(note this is a shared computer:(