Sony Vaio laptop won't start up.

Closed
hennerz Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2011 - Jan 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM
hennerz Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2011 - Jan 13, 2011 at 04:46 AM
Hello,

I was using my laptop the other night, when it just turned itself off with no warning and wouldnt turn on again. I removed the battery, then turned it on and this time it started. However, after about 2 hours it turned itself again, and this time wouldn't turn back on at all. When I press the power button nothing at all happens, no lights come on, even briefly, and no sound is made. When the power supply is plugged in, no charging lights come on.
I've tried removing the power cord and battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds, 45 seconds or 2 minutes or more multiple times and then re-plugging in the power, but still nothing happens.
I've checked the power supply and is giving out the correct power so I know it's not that that is the problem.

Any ideas what is wrong with it and how to fix it? Any ideas will be much appreciated :)

Thanks.

Related:

1 response

well i think that your computer overloaded and it should maybe start working in a day or 2 because when my comp shut down wth no warning i couldnt turn it on and about 1-2days it just turned on when i tryed so try giving ur comp a rest or maybe ur battery is faulty and u might need to get a new 1 or maybe your computer charger is broken?
hennerz Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2011
Jan 13, 2011 at 04:46 AM
ah fair enough then, i'll just leave it for a coupla days then and see what happens, hopefully it'll work! the computer chargers fine cos it works on my brothers laptop, and the same with the battery so must be something internal! thanks very much :)