Set Up CD not detecting internet connection

Closed
seschmoker - 4 Jan 2009 à 10:50
okietechnician Posts 7 Registration date Friday 16 January 2009 Status Member Last seen 19 January 2009 - 16 Jan 2009 à 22:25
Hello, I am using the set up CD for the Linksys Wireless-G (WRT54G) Router and in the first step the wizard doesn't detect an internet connection (even though I AM online) so I cannot proceed any further. I am on a Dell Latitude commuter with IE 6.0. Thanks!            
                

1 response

okietechnician Posts 7 Registration date Friday 16 January 2009 Status Member Last seen 19 January 2009
16 Jan 2009 à 22:25
dont understand your question fully but you may not have your pc's tcp/ip setting correct or loose cables/ or bad cable or your router or modem may not be configured properly. some modems require them to be "bridged" before the signal will flow thru the router to your pc. these are all quesses without knowing all the details. hope this helped a little. good luck :)