Computer won't boot after reinstalling vista

Closed
Kelly - Mar 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
 Kelly - Mar 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Hello,

I have a dell inspiron 1720 with a windows vista home premium 32 bit operating system. I kept getting a windows update error 80070005 and I contacted Microsoft to resolve the issue. They finally told me to reinstall my operating system since their must have been corrupted files when it was installed the first time. I followed there instructions exactly, and now my computer won't boot. It goes thru all of the normal processes and then when it says it is finalizing installation, it just stays their for hours and eventually goes to a black screen with a curson. I tried to rebot and it just goes to the screen that is black and says microsoft corporation with the scrolling bar at the bottom. I tried to do the reinstall a couple times since then and it just does the same thing. I tried to contact dell, but they said it is not covered under my warranty and want to charge me an outrageous fee. Can anyone help me? I am desperated for a solution!
Related:

1 response

venu619 Posts 36 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 18, 2015 14
Mar 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM
as we know, in many cases Vista is a failed operating system and has many bugs. So why don't u install windows 7 or XP in ur pc. If it works with these, then its a software problem with vista, if not, then its a hardware problem.
I was thinking about buying windows 7, but didn't really want to spend the money right now. I ran dell diagnostics and it came back that all hardware was working fine.

Do you think it could just be the operating system cd is corrupted or is their another fix for it?