Folders doesnt open

Closed
gajesh_kanathil Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2009 - Jan 17, 2009 at 08:46 AM
 gajesh - Jan 21, 2009 at 07:43 AM
Hello,
whenever i open any folder in my computer,the search window opens.... how can i solve this problem?
Related:

2 responses

If you try to open the folders from desktop, that means you don't have created the shortcuts correctly. If you want to open the docs from explorer tree (paths such - program files- Photos- December...) and still doesn't open that means you don't have the folders anymore, or they're somewhere else...(?). Search Window usually appears when the path of the doc was modified or deleted. The best option when creating shortcuts is to do it automatically, so that you have the ENTIRE path. If you manually create shortcuts...be sure you copy and paste the entire actual path where the document is!!!
Good luck, hope it was helpful.
gajesh_kanathil Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2009
Jan 17, 2009 at 09:03 AM
i ve not created any shortcuts, i try it opening inside a drive, then it opens the search window... what shall i do?
Sorry man, I don't know what else to say. You said this search window appears when you try to open ANY FILE...which is damn strange since most windows programs get installed automatically when you install the oper system. For example WORD you find it under programs, and UNLESS you changed the path during installation, it should open without the need of Search window. (and I don't know how to disable this search so far...I guess it's a build in). As I said this SEARCH WINDOW comes up when the CPU doesn't know where to look for it (it looks first in the common places or where the files have been installed FIRST time). If you can't really open ANY file, not even windows programs then I guess is a hard disk connection .... but not even this sounds good, since your computer starts correctly. ALL programs, files etc are stored on the hard disk, RAM is a working memory... Go to device manager (right click on my computer -->properties...) and check all your hardware possible issues. If you have a yellow icon like this "!" that particular hardware has an error, a connection (or drive) missing.
But I still think that without knowing you might have deleted those files you're trying to open them and all you got left are "empty" folders or you changed their place accidentally. But anyway....you should get an answer after search is completed, so write down the path of the found document (s) and see if it is the same with the path from explorer/from where you go and try to open them by yourself (if it's NOT..there's the problem), if it IS then my humble hunch is a memory problem (addresses) RAM or hard disk. Do you have problems even with games from windows (like "hearts"....or "mines")?
Also check your entire system, see if the system recognizes your true RAM gigs, hard disks space...
This is all I can say,

good luck.
hey dude, thanks for your advice. i got the solution,

whenever there is some problem in opening any folder try the following...
Open Start >> Run and type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
2. press ok
3. You will see a message DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in shell32.dll succeeded
.... thank you