Dell Inspiron 1011 Blue Screen 0x0000007B

Closed
Abigail - Jun 12, 2011 at 03:22 PM
 jollyhappy - Feb 6, 2015 at 07:43 AM
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron Mini. A few weeks ago it got a virus on it. (I do have Avast but somehow it still got infected). A friend removed it for me and I carried on using the netbook as normal (although I did notice it was a lot slower than before the virus). I switched it on the other day and got the blue screen with the following technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7A72524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have tried pressing F8, but every option after that takes me straight back to the blue screen. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Abigail

Related:

4 responses

well hmm doas it say anything besides that like dumping physical memory? i dont know about laptops so i can help the best i can
Hi, it says:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

The problem is that I can't get past the blue screen to do any of these checks!
well if u cant get passed i would just get a fresh copy of windows put on it but that's me i have no clue i have only got that screen once in my life you could Waite for someone else to answer maybe they know im sorry couldn't help you..
Unfortunately it did not work... but you are correct with the rest... i am looking for hours and nothing seems to help and then I found this
http://www.deskdecode.com/how-to-fix-blue-screen-stop-error-7b-stop0x0000007b/