Problem with Windows Live Mail

Solved/Closed
confusedcius2 Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday October 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2011 - Oct 4, 2011 at 04:14 PM
 Doit2it - Dec 14, 2013 at 08:13 PM
Hello,

I've got an e-mail account with blueyonder which I access using Windows Live Mail. Whenever I click on the Windows Live Mail icon it takes me straight to my inbox and automatically downloads any new messages. I do not have to log in and I have never been asked for a password, and to the best of my knowledge have never had one.

For some strange reason when I attempted to access Windows Live Mail today I got a request for a pop3 password and it appears I can no longer receive messages without one. I therefore followed the procedure for setting up a new account. The procedure seemed to go ok but in order to activate it I have to verify my e-mail address by following the instructions in an e-mail they say they have sent me.

The problem I have got is that my e-mails will not download unless I log in first. I cannot log in without following the instructions in the e-mail they have sent me and I cannot access the e-mail they have sent me because I am unable to log in. So it appears I am in a vicious circle. As far as I can see it is not possible to have the verification e-mail sent to a different e-mail address to the one you are seeking to have verified.

Any assistance / suggestions would be appreciated.
Related:

16 responses

I found a way to still use 2 step verification and get logged in. Read the FAQ about creating an app password for Hotmail (2nd FAQ):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq