Blue Screen even after formatting

Closed
Antoni - Nov 5, 2011 at 06:22 PM
 Antoni - Nov 10, 2011 at 01:23 AM
Hello,

I got myself a brand new rig to be able to enjoy Battlefield 3 in maxed out settings, but since I started, things went from bad to worse.
So I started playing, and from the get go, I kept having freezes while I was playing, after 5-15 minutes, that sometimes made me restart the computer. Read on a forum that you need to disable the Realtek Audio drivers in order to get rid of the crashes/freezes, so I did just that, and it worked for about an hour and a half. Then I got a crash at the end of a mission, that turned my screen black and the audio looped, so I had to turn off the PC, and after that I got blue screen after blue screen just after the windows animation.
I decided to install Win7 again, and everything was back to normal until I installed the Nvidia drivers (first from the Nvidia site, then through Windows Update): Blue Screen all over again. Could someone please help? It's extremely annoying... Thanks a lot in advance.

My Configuration: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel i7 2700k
16gb RAM Kingston 1333
MSI GTX580 Lightning
C Drive: OCZ SSD 180gb
D Drive: Hitachi Sata 3 7200 rpm
MB: Asus P8P6767 Deluxe
Related:

12 responses

Does your hard drive tend to act up sometimes??
It's brand new, so no.
You mate need to take it back to the store it could be that bios setting is conflicting with the hardware and when you do the updates or you mate need to get another windows 7 software
Anonymous User
Nov 6, 2011 at 06:04 AM
Did you install proper drivers?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I have all the driver except the Nvidia ones, cause when I install them I got the blue screen all over again.
Anonymous User
Nov 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM
This is your graphics driver,I'm not sure if you installed the correct driver

Download this and install

http://download2.msi.com/files/downloads/dvr_exe/nvidia_28026_v732_vga.zip
Thanks, tried it, does the same thing as the others. I'm starting to think that maybe the crash broke something in my graphic card, but I hope I'm wrong. How can I make sure?
Anonymous User
Nov 7, 2011 at 06:39 PM
Bluescreen is warning given by microsoft on why a process was stopped in the middle.

go to c:/windows/minidump

Upload the minidump file to

www.speedyshare.com

Let me go through it.
I'll try this evening, thanks.
There you go

http://speedy.sh/ThWYC/Minidump.rar
Anonymous User
Nov 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Go to the nvidia directory and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_

Copy it to

C:/windows/system32/drivers folder

Now open command prompt as administrator and run this commands

ren nvlddmkm.sys.old

expand nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys

Restart your PC

Let me know how it works
It hasn't changed anything unfortunately...